Monday, March 1, 2010

I'll be seeing you on Broadway


Allo Guvnah! I had a bit of a life changing experience last Wednesday. Blondie and I headed to Times Square (the theater district) to see Mary Poppins on Broadway. I love musicals, I've actually loved them for as long as I can remember. And, I've always said that if I had the voice (read talent) I would've done my damndest to be a Broadway star (in some kind of musical).



Blondie agreed to accompany me to see Mary Poppins - even though it was a musical. For as much as I love them, he doesn't. BUT, OMG, IT RULED. It seriously blew every single expectation I had out the window. From the sets, to the dancing, to the singing, to the acting, I seriously was bouncing on the edge of my seat.



How is this a life changing experience? I think I'm going to attempt (once I get settled in the job) to be a volunteer somehow/somewhere for a theater. I have no idea if this is possible, or if it is, if they take people with 0 theater experience, but I think I'm going to try.

And if you are in the NYC area, I highly recommend this musical. We did half-price tickets, but I would've paid full-price and been happy. Also, don't sit in the upper section. We sat in the mezzanine and it was okay, but it would've been better lower.

Step in time folks, step in time.

--K

No comments:

Post a Comment