Monday, July 19, 2010

Screeeeeeeeeeew Tape-puh!


Blondie and I decided to culture-fy ourselves on Saturday and hit up our first off-Broadway play - The Screwtape Letters. Not only was it cheaper than a Broadway production, it was closer to our house, and just as f'ing good as the real thing.

The play was set in hell, and basically was a 1-man show of a devil's aide dictating letters to his nephew who was out on earth recruiting people away from god. It was sooooo good! The main actor rocked my world - he managed to give me the chills while making me laugh. And the set was just flat out f'ing creepy.

The only downside was that we both left the play in desperate need of a drink - funny though, church always does that to me too.

Give my regards to off-Broadway???



--K

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they'd made a production of the book! It was just as strange of a read, but I imagine the production brings it to a different level! Funny how the Screwtape Letters could come from the same pen as the Chronicles of Narnia 8 D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend the play. It made you think - even me, not religious *at all*, still made you question your beliefs. I'm not a big fan of Narnia, so I was even more surprised that I loved the play so much.

    ReplyDelete