Sunday, April 4, 2010

It was a good Friday


Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but, I left work early on Friday! It seems to be a huge no-no to leave work before 6 pm, but this past Friday, I couldn't stand it. The sun was shining, the weather was warm, and a patio with beer somewhere was calling my name. There was only one thing I could do - that was find that patio!

Luckily I convinced Blondie to join me. We hit up the bar in our hood - the front windows are actually giant doors (floor to ceiling) which they completely opened up and we managed to snag a table at the very front on the sidewalk.

Here we are, enjoying a lazy Friday afternoon.





Some bar food was also in order. Yes I ordered them. Yes they were heavenly. No I didn't smear them on me (although after a few more beers I might've). Seriously, who doesn't love a party in their mouth?



One thing that hit me about NYC on Friday was that no matter how hard you work, there is always someone working harder. I can come into work at 9 am and stay until 8:15 pm (and I've done that somedays) but there is always someone who was there at 6 am that's working until 10:30 pm. Blondie and I were enjoying our beers, and as packed as the bar was, there will still a ton of people running by outside in suits, on their cellphones, carrying their laptops. I don't know - it kind of is freeing to know that all I have to do (all I can do) is my best at my job. And when it's time for a beer break, it's time.



That makes no sense anywhere except in my head.

--K

2 comments:

  1. Nice bar! And what's that? People walking around in short sleeves without jackets? You're not in SF anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sweat while I sleep here. Def not in SF toto!

    ReplyDelete