Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lazy Weekend


I worked out today. Worked out HARD today. So when Blondie suggested cajun food for lunch, I was all over that. We headed out to the cajun food place in our hood - 2 avenues and about 6 blocks from where we live. The entire time (and I mean entire) I rambled on about what I was going to eat. And drink.

And then it was blown, because the waiter told us about brunch specials. And one caught my ear. It was seriously one of the best meals I've had in my entire life.

Heaven on a plate



This was a layer of corned beef hash (real corned beef hash) followed by a layer of fried grits patties (grits, cheese, onions - OMG), followed by fried eggs, followed by cajun tomato sauce, followed by slivered green onions, covered in tabasco. And an Abita beer. I have tears in my eyes recalling this meal that I just finished about 1.5 hours ago. Blondie's meal is a catfish po'boy and sweet potato fries - one of my favs and what I was planning on getting until that waiter stepped in.

After we ate, it was off to hit up our markets (fish, veggie, meat) - we picked out our own whole fish this time, had them gut it and descale it, and are going to cook it up with some fresh lemon juice and some butter.

And then, look what $11 gets you! SO CHEAP! And we've never had bad produce.


Also, Tigga says "Hi! Your hands smell like corned beef hash!"


Tomorrow it's off to Katz Deli (the orgasm scene in "When Harry Met Sally" so stay tuned for a post about how long the line is there).

--K

No comments:

Post a Comment