Sunday, April 4, 2010

No Sleep Til... BROOKLYN!


Living around Times Square kind of rocks simply because every single train line ends up in the general vicinity at some point. It was about a 4 block walk, and then Blondie and I were on the train to City Hall, which is where you can start the walk over the Brooklyn Bridge.

GG Bridge in SF was obviously very beautiful, but also very long. I think the only time I ever went all the way over and back was a 10K race I did, and the only thing I was thinking about was how much I hate running.

Brooklyn Bridge was better - shorter, no real ups and downs. But there were a whole lotta people packed into a tiny area. So many people!



The bridge itself is beautiful, and they have markers along the way describing the history of the bridge. They also have awesome views of NYC. Blondie kept quoting EuroTrip when we were walking over "It's a good thing you came in the summer, very depressing in the winter" and absolutely made me laugh my ass off.







You can see the Statue of Liberty from the bridge! I think it's kind of like seeing Alcatraz from GG Bridge. I was like "Oh hey! Blondie look!" and kind of made a scene about it. I guess that's how you tell native NY-ans, they really don't get shocked by a lot. Whereas I was like hyperventilating that the Statue of Liberty is in my city. Of course, everybody thought I was a tourist b/c of how loud I was. Blondie made me feel better and said that until we were here for a year, we could be as touristy as we wanted.



We made it to Brooklyn on foot!



We had been hearing so much about this fabulous pizza joint in Brooklyn, so it was with eager steps that we headed over to the waterfront, and then our hearts collapsed when we saw the line. But we waited it out. The pizza was really good (Michele Obama and her daughters ate there a few weeks ago when they were in NYC for spring break!), but it was hard to justify the time we spent for it.



All in all, a fabulous day, and a day of things that we were glad to do at least once.

--K

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I think the Brooklyn Bridge is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I haven't had Grimaldi's, but I can tell you that I want it right now. Bad.

    ReplyDelete