Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Arch


A lot of movies about NYC show the same shots - if there is any kind of running in a movie, it takes place in Central Park around the reservoir. There is also usually shots from Greenwich Village/brownstones, maybe an ice skating rink, but almost always, there is the arch (that IS indeed the Empire State Bldg in the background).





We headed down to the NYU area so I could finally see this arch in person. I'm glad Blondie came with, because I know this wasn't top on his list of things to see.

The arch was gorgeous. The park (Washington Square) not so much. It was being repaired and a lot of the areas were roped off and dug up. I'm sure once they get it fixed, it will be a beautiful space.



It was a HOT day yesterday. I had to talk myself out of getting in the fountain.



Are my KY roots coming through?

--K

No comments:

Post a Comment