Thursday, May 13, 2010

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!


OMG peeps. Seriously. How awesome is this? PRESIDENT OBAMA WAVED AT ME TODAY!!!!

Okay, slight exaggeration. President Obama waved at the group of people I was standing with, and not specifically at me, but it sounds so much better the other way!

A notification came out today from my work that they blocked down the street that runs right by my office so that the presidential motorcade could come through this afternoon. I made plans to head down to watch it, but forgot.

1+ hour after it was supposed to come through, a friend of mine suggested a walk to help with an errand - I was in. Which was an awesome thing.

Because the motorcade was late! We got to watch it come through, and since I was standing next to a nutjob who thought Obama was the 2nd coming of Christ (*not* my friend) and who made so much noise you probably could've heard hear from my office itself, we got waved at!!!

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

Also, I realize how I'll never truly be a New Yorker b/c I'll never get over the thrill of a day like today.

--K

No comments:

Post a Comment